Congratulations! You’re ready to see your book in print. Whether you are a self-publisher, author, small press, experienced publisher, or anyone else who needs book printing services… we want to help! Below we have outlined our process. First we need to discover where you are in the process.
Has the interior and cover of your book been designed? If not, the best way to give direction to your designer is to find a book you like and have the designer model the files based on that book. We will happily recommend a professional designer. Be sure to check out our file preparation guidelines and fill out this form to prepare your files correctly. Do you have a bar code? Information on bar codes can be found at www.isbn.org. Once you have your ISBN number, we can create your bar code.
If you have already prepared files we’ll need to know the exact specifications in order to give you an accurate quote. The following questions will need to be answered. If you are unsure of how to answer, simply give us a call at 800-465-5200.
- How many books would you like printed?
Feel free to give us more than one quantity so you can see how that will change the price per book.
- How many pages comprise the interior?
- What is the finished size (trim size)?
- What type of binding would you like? See bind styles here.
- How many colors are in the interior?
- Any photos?
- What type of paper would you like? See list of papers offered here.
- How many colors are used in the cover or jacket?
- What type of cover/jacket stock? See list of cover and jacket stock offered here.
- What type of cover coating? We offer gloss lamination, matte lamination, and clear toner.
- Would you like your books to be shrink-wrapped before being packaged for shipment?
- Hard Copy Proofs? Hard copy proofs are highly recommended for first printings.
- Additional items? Foil Stamps? Embossing? Endsheets? Misc.?
Once you are sure about the specifications it is time to get a quote.
Now that you are happy with the pricing it is time to get the ball rolling.
- Submit an order to your salesperson along with a credit application.
We accept all major credit cards and checks too!
- Please include packaging and shipping or fulfillment information with your order.
One of our customer service team members will send you a cover or jacket template. The size of the spine of your book is based on the number of pages and paper stock you chose. Please be sure your file matches the template dimensions.
Now is the time to do final proofreading. (Changes made after proofs will incur additional charges.)
- Upload one pdf of the interior and one pdf of the cover or jacket here.
- Also upload a completed preflight information form
Your files will be preflighted. If the files pass inspection a proof of the interior as well as a proof of the cover or jacket will be produced on the same press on which the full book run will be printed. This ensures that there will be no differences between the proofs you approve and the final printed piece.
Please return your proofs to us upon approval. It won’t be long until you see your book in print!